Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wednesday - Day 3

Well now.... Today was 'the day'....

The girls got up, ate and got ready for their day camp... Months ago I signed them both up to go to the Corn Maze... it wasn't until the wee hours of the morning that I realized they changed the maze location! Last year Emma went to the one out here by us, maybe a 15 minute drive.... This year they're going to the Edmonton based one... A 40 minute drive from us! *LOL* Oh goodness... At least the drive is pretty straight forward!

So my scheduling has changed a bit. My big plans to come home and get some laundry in and some major cleaning in may not happen... And yes, I could stay with them but the whole idea was to have 2.5 hours to myself... *sigh* We'll see.....


....... So I took the girls to the maze and low and behold I could not find the group they were supposed to be with. I asked the person at the front desk if they knew where their group was set-up, they didn't.... Nor did the people on the intercom with them. *sigh* So I took the girls back to the van to lock up and sunscreen them when I decided to ask another group by the front who they were... And it was our group! Yay! So I happily left the girls with them (the instructors are the same one's Zoe had earlier this summer! Zoe calls them her 'teachers'! So cute!) to enjoy their day while I drove home where I had just enough time to take a quiet shower! It was nice not to have little girls knocking on the door or having to use the bathroom (because using our other bathroom would be too much for them! ;P)....

Then it was back on the road for 40 minutes to pick them up. Good thing I actually enjoy highway and country driving! *L*

Once we made the drive back home (sooo much driving! *L*) Emma had a bit of a melt down... And this one I knew was coming. She wanted to ride her bike and I said only if she could fin her one missing knee pad and one missing elbow pad (to make the pairs to go with her helmet)... Well this wasn't happening. She threw a fit and for some reason I just knew this wasn't what it was all about.... I left her to search in her room while Zoe and I worked on the 'Happy Birthday Daddy' poster that we were planning to take a photo of with the girls and send it to him on his Birthday (the upcoming Friday)... I heard crashes and thumps from Emma's room above and decided enough was enough....

As I made my way upstairs I came upon a very messy hallway.... Which lead to her room... *sigh* And there in the middle of her bed was Emma crying... Sobbing.

Instead of getting myself all worked up like I usually do when she acts this way, I stayed very calm... I picked her up and rocked her and after awhile I asked what the real issue was....

She misses Daddy.

It finally caught up to her....

So we made a deal. She would take a nap, then she would work on the poster for Daddy... The next day the girls were off to my Mom's for a few days while I worked a wedding.... So while they're away I promised to find her missing safety gear... She agreed.

All was well. She had a wonderful nap while Zoe and I watched some shows on TV.... Once awake we all chilled, ate dinner and then went to bed... I believe we crammed in talking to Daddy as well....

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment