Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tuesday - Day 2

Today was a hard one...

Again the weather was beautiful so I allowed the girls to play outside with chalk.... And then they asked if they could play with their friends from the neighborhood, I said yes.... Off they went. First off they had to drop off something at one of the neighbors home for me and ask where their kids were... Then they headed over to another house on our street where all the girls from the neighborhood were playing... Except when they got there they were told they couldn't play with them because (the girls) wanted to play inside the house and they weren't welcome to do so....

Long story short Emma had a meltdown, she came home in tears not understanding why this time they weren't allowed in the home when last time they were. And why the girls would come outside to see where my girls were and then run back into the house away from them....

I hate, hate, hate having to see my girls upset... Especially about t things that I just can't control. So instead of letting them mope about it and feel sorry for themselves I told them to get their swim suits on. While they did that I grabbed the fun sprinkler (it's a string shape and has little hoses that come off of it all over that wave all around when you start the water) and set it up for them...

They were thrilled. And no more tears (thank goodness!)... While they played in the water I made them a snack and gave them water bottles with home made herbal iced tea that Daddy had made before he left for work...

All was good!

We were also given a bike with training wheels from our friend down the street... Which is awesome since our girls don't own bikes... Yay! And now we have something else to work on while Daddy is away!

All in all things are still good on our front. Tyler will work his first night shift with this company today... Starts at 7pm and goes until 5am.... Ugh! Makes calling him a bit difficult right now as we use the home phone to keep costs down (instead of our cells)... And we've given up on the web cams for now.... So we try to call around 5:30pm (he gets up at 5pm, we call, he eats dinner at 6pm and is on the work bus at 6:30pm).... We'll see how this goes...

Bedtime has been good. I honestly thought I was going to have to deal with Emma getting out of bed a hundred times (bathroom, etc.) and Zoe just not wanting to sleep and eventually falling asleep in my bed. But no! Zoe does wake up around 2am but is happy to go back to sleep!

Yay!

p.s.

Must remember to put the garbage out!

No comments:

Post a Comment