Sunday, August 9, 2009

It begins...

Today Tyler left. It was around 11:30am and he had to meet another Trades Guy in the city to give him a lift to the job site as well....

Hugs and kisses were given and promises of being 'good girls'... The girls went out to the garage pad to wave bye to Daddy while I sat on the steps.... Trying my best to keep it together. I thought I had done an excellent job of not breaking down until Tyler called minuets later to ask if I was crying.

Dang it. So much for my cover.

We didn't do much today. We didn't go to Church, we didn't play outside. We did nothing. Or, I suppose, I did nothing.

I had enough energy to get the girls a meal and make my way to my bed. I laid there for hours... Every once and awhile a little girl would walk into my room asking if they could color or play with play dough... Or grab a snack.... I must remember to thank them for giving Mommy one day to mope.

I am very, very thankful that my girls caught onto the fact that Mommy needed to chill and not move from her spot on the bed. They would come and cuddle and tell me stories... And make sure I was okay.

We did have the opportunity to talk to Daddy on the phone and see him on the computer later in the evening once he as settled into his camp...

Our computer connections were giving us trouble so web cams seem to be out for now... But at least we have the phone!

Tomorrow Tyler has Orientation and it's at an insane time in the morning.... So our first full day of 'work schedule' won't begin until Tuesday.... Should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment