Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Tuesday - Day 9

Today the girls went on the Nature Hike.... It's one of the programs we booked months ago.... What made this one extra special? Tyler picked it!

I dropped the girls off just before 1pm and picked them up at 3:30pm.... During that time they went on their hike, picked nature things (twigs, cattails, leafs, etc.) and had glued them onto a piece of fabric. Emma's was well done with everything in it's place while Zoe's was one big glob of glue.... Still runny! *LOL* It was so thick it was coming through the other side of the fabric! *LOL* Both look great though. I've been informed these are for Daddy's Birthday! I'll just place them by all the drawings and letters (Emma) that are for him as well!

My girls are tired. Last night Zoe was laying in her bed.... After awhile I went in and sat next to her little body and asked what was up....

"I miss Daddy" was all she responded with. Not once did her eyes move from the spot on her wall that she had been staring at... My heart broke.

Emma has always been Daddy's girl... She's pretty much a carbon copy of him! *L* But Zoe... Well she's only known shift work... So she's used to this in and out-ness of Daddy's work schedule... And she's more of my girl... Even looks more like me.... So when she says something like this I know it must really be bothering her.

Anyhoo.... All seems well. The girls were good today, they're just recovering from their fun weekend. Last night (I forgot to write so much yesterday!) Emma tried riding her bike! I put the training wheels on at the lowest level... She did a round with that and decided we could move them up to the higher level... Did a round with that and we took them right off... After I tried to keep up with her with no training wheels on we decided to put them back on at he higher level until Daddy is home to help her! *L* There's no way I can keep up with her! I'm so very proud of her though! She has no fear when it comes to things like this sometimes! Way to go Emma!

Right now the girls are sleeping... Today was a hard day for me.... Emma was being a bit of a pain and Zoe decided she didn't need to sleep! *L* Although I can't really blame them as their quiet time after the Nature Hike turned into us all having a nap... So a late night it was! I had also promised the girls that if they got ready for bed without any issues they could call Daddy at is 10pm break.... Well I texted him at 5 after to let us know when he was actually on his break (sometimes they start late because of their work, etc.) and he never texted us back... By 11:30pm I had to get the girls to bed... By 12:15am I had already dealt with both girls in and out of bed for a hundred different reasons... *sigh*

I'm off to bed soon. I'll date this as 11:59pm so it's on the correct date but it's actually 4:32am... I'm exhausted. I would just stay up another hour so I could talk to Tyler but unfortunately I never know when he randomly works a 12 hours shift... Which means he's not off until 7am... One night on the weekend I stayed up all night but didn't get a hold of him... He worked a 12... *L* Oh well, that's life.

I'm doing okay... Trying to keep us busy... Life goes on, right? It's hard but even harder when I realize just how much the girls miss their Daddy. I'm quite thankful that they're willing to be the amazing kids I know they are while he's away. I don't think we'd survive this if they decided to act like spoiled brats!

Okay I'm off for some sleep. Will update more later! Another busy weekend ahead and juggling of the girls! *L*

'night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment