Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thursday - Day 11

Well last night didn't quite go as planned.... *L* But overall it was okay. Emma had a shower and that was all I could do.

They went to bed, got up a thousand times each and I nearly thought I was going to call Tyler in tears... But I didn't!! Yay! *L*

I ended up falling asleep with the TV on right after the kids went to bed.... Or somewhere between the 999th to 1000th time Emma was getting up out of bed... Woke up around 3:30am and watched TV (since it was on anyways... *L*)..... Went back to sleep around 5:30am....

TODAY:

Girls got up and chilled for a bit while I did some work.... Then we got ourselves ready for the day....

FARMER'S MARKET! I love, love, LOVE going to our Farmer's Market! Fresh food, great times.... Warm weather, how could it not be fun??! And the bonus So do the girls! We walked around and made our decisions of what to buy (blackberries, blueberries, apricots and white cherries from BC) and grabbed lunch there (hot dogs and juice!)... In between there the girls got their faces painted (I just realized that I haven't added photos to this blog at all! Ack! Check back next week for added photos to my previous posts!)... Emma was a pink butterfly and Zoe became a ladybug! Afterwards we started towards our vehicle when we ran into neighbors of ours! What fun! We chatted for a bit and then they headed on their way to get some shopping in while I checked out what the girls had been looking at..... They bought the cutest homemade wands! I'll take a photo and add it to here next week!!! ;)

Once home we put the fruit away and the girls started to act up... Always when I'm on the phone (confirming their weekend arrangements of course).... So it was nap time. Emma fought this until she was just too tired.... Yay! Zoe went straight to sleep. She's been 'camping' out on her floor for the past few days... I'm not sure why she's into this but as long as she sleeps, I'm happy!

After their much needed naps, and a wonderful phone call to Daddy, we got into the van and headed for... McDonald's! *L* Yeah, I know.... Anyways..... We ate while on our way to WEM to do some major shopping.... Let me tell you, it was wonderful!

In two hours (less actually!) we had bought the girls shoes for the wedding we're all in next weekend (honestly, I've been searching for months!) even though each girls' is a different shade, I'm not concerned.... They have them! Whooo hoo! Then it was off to Emma's surprise (will have to write about that one later.... Just in case Daddy is reading this)... Then it was backpack shopping (I refuse to let Emma have a backpack that will slowly fall apart on her this year.... So she got a gooder!) and then ice cream! Yum! After that we checked into Payless where they were having some awesome deals, so each girl walked out with a wonderful pair of shoes for $21 in total (together! Amazing!)...

My favorite parts of today's adventure into the city for shopping?

1) Walking towards ice cream Emma turned to me and said 'I LOVE shopping!!!'... *LOL* She said it in the most sincere, innocent way ever! SOOOO cute. And in my head I heard myself say 'And that's my little girl!'... *L*

2) While in Payless Zoe started to 'dance'... It was one of the cutest things I have ever seen her do!!! Apparently she has a whole routine down! *LOL* So much so I took a video of her (and Emma of course) doing this in the middle of the mall's hallway... That on it's own is a HUGE deal (she gets shy around people she doesn't know!).... But yes, adorable! I'll post the video too!

3) The girls both took the time to say 'Thank you!' for every little thing we did this evening.... It made my heart grow!

Home again it was... About 40 minutes later the girls were clearing their rooms of ALL their dirty laundry (a recent rule is: 'If you don't put the clothes where they go when dirty, you will wear nothing!').....

Along the room cleaning journey Emma and I realized we didn't know where her brand new indoor shoes were.... Uggggghhhhh..... And they're tie-up one's too! A big thing for her! Emma set her mind to learning how to tie bows before the last school year ended (I wouldn't buy the shoes until she learned)... But being the stubborn girl she can be (or better yet, we butt heads on things like this), I showed her a few times, she threw an 'Emmasode' and I said no more. Months, months later she came in one morning to show me that she had tied a bow in the ribbon attached to her dress! YAY!

But yes, she did eventually find her shoes (hiding from the cat in her closet) and they went into her new backpack with 90% of the other school supplies we have so far.

PJ's, teeth brushed and it was time for prayers and bed!

As of right now my little ones are asleep... The wind is picking up outside and I have WAY to many loads of little girls laundry to even begin thinking about! *L*

Tomorrow is another busy day for our household. Zoe will have a shower, the girls will get their nails done... I'll water the lawn (note to self!!!).... Packing will happen and then it's off to the Great-Grandparents for the weekend. I'll meet up with Sarah in the city for some hair color shopping and who knows what we'll do after that! I'd like to walk around the Fringe grounds before it closes for this summer....

So off I go to start the dreaded laundry (good thing their clothing is adorable... *L*) routine... Hopefully there's something good on TV! *L*

2 comments:

  1. I love the Farmer's Market too! It's the best. Shopping sounds awesome. Love that the kids were grateful and sweet -- must make for a good day when they're like that no matter what they're doing!

    Have fun with your kid-free weekend. Sarah's party, right? Anything else? Enjoy it and wish Sarah all the best from me. I e-mailed to ask you for her address so I can send her a congrats card but you were really busy back then (not that you're less busy now!)...if you have a sec I'd really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh yes, I am kidless this weekend... Went to The Fringe last night and ran into a long, long time friend.... She was performing and wanted to see my girls! *L* Sadness that it ends after this weekend or else I'd cram it in for her!

    And dang it, I totally will find it and send it your way! (Sorry!) Will send well wishes as we're out tonight! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete