Monday, August 10, 2009

Monday - Day 1

Today was calm. It was nice weather outside so I pulled out the sprinkler and let the girls run it all day. We'd move it around the yard so everywhere would get watered, why not do two things at once??! *L*

I had a work meeting to be at in the city for 5pm.... So we scheduled in play time and ready time... I was taking a moment to make sure that I had grabbed my sketch book and research right before we were leaving when Emma came in with a huge gash on the palm of her hand... I guess she was talking to our neighbors a few doors down and feel on our sidewalk cement.... It was sooo gross. The worst part was that I wasn't able to get all of the dirt and stuff out from under some of the skin... So I placed a band aid on it and hoped this would ruin our good day that we'd been having so far.

Thankfully Emma bounced back wonderfully! She was happy to see people she knew at the meeting and played nicely while I worked with an artist on my sketch.... Then we had pizza! Couldn't get much better then that! ;P

After the meeting we made the trek home where I parked in the back.... To which Emma said 'WHY are you parking back here???!'..... This is something I hadn't put a lot of thought into, I just parked there without thinking of how it would make the girls feel.

After a mini-chat about it I learned that Emma has the back garage pad as 'Daddy's spot' while I tend to park the van in the front for easier access to everything.... So my parking back there disrupted her thoughts...

After making a promise that I will not park in the back when Daddy is back home we were on our way indoors to get get ready for bed.

We were also able to speak to Daddy on the phone and I on Facebook for awhile.

Today I'm thankful that Emma didn't have one of her 'Emma-sodes'... I honestly just don't know how I would deal with it... Instead she picked up the pace and has been an amazing little helper!

No comments:

Post a Comment